Today’s public libraries provide free learning opportunities for all ages, from lending books to providing online tutors for students. The Library serves as the community’s informal learning place — whether you are a child learning to read, a student, an individual looking to improve job skills, or anyone needing access to a computer. The Library is an open place of ideas that enrich our community life.
The Santa Clara County Library District Foundation was established to provide support for the Santa Clara County Library District.
Our Vision is to ignite the power of the Library to provide opportunities for all.
Our Mission is to support ongoing and innovative districtwide library services through your generous contributions.
The Santa Clara County Library District advances community connections, lifelong learning, basic reading and life skills, artistic and scientific exchange, entertainment, wellness, and more. The District comprises Campbell, Cupertino, Gilroy, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Milpitas, Monte Sereno, Morgan Hill, and Saratoga communities as well as the unincorporated areas of Santa Clara County. Those who live and work in the District represent a wide range of social and economic conditions. Together we enrich one another.
The Foundation has provided financial support to the Library for districtwide services such as Bookmobile, Reading Program, innovative programming, and services focused on advancing achievements in underserved areas.
For the 2022 program year, the Foundation has prioritized funding the following goals:
- Direct, participatory events available throughout the District, such as Distinguished Authors Series
- Projects promoting STEAM learning (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math),
- Programs for at-risk youth to foster the learning of life skills through mentorship and practical internships,
- Bookmobile services to reach more underserved residents (seniors, children, and patrons with physical or geographic access limitations)
- Reading Program projects that provide tutors and materials to adult learners and support to parents of infants and toddlers to enhance literacy
Libraries connect us to a world of information and to each other, empowering us as individuals, as neighbors, and as citizens. By donating to the Foundation, you enable the impact of our Library to be felt throughout our District.